Tape for Sealing and Repairing
EABASSOC Flashing Tape is a self adhesive tape, comprising of an aluminium foil backed by a flexible modified bitumen adhesive compound. It is used for sealing and repairing of gutters, pipes, joints, glazing systems etc. on roofs and buildings.
- Available in four colours
- Contains rubberised SBS bitumen to accommodate for movement
- Available in a variety of widths
- Highly versatile
Use and Advantages of Flashing Tape
EABASSOC Flashing Tape is used both in construction, maintenance and for emergency repairs. It is used to seal valley gutters (where it is used as a lining even over cracks and holes), to repair gutters and downpipes, for the sealing of joints and projections through roofs (e.g. vents, pipes, columns etc) and for stopping leaks in glazing systems in factory roofs, greenhouses etc.
EABASSOC Flashing Tape is supplied in handy rolls packed in easily portable cartons. It is easy to apply, and is available in a variety of widths (from 50mm to 600mm) and colours (bright aluminium, lead-grey aluminium, red and white finishes).
It is ideally suited for use in the preparation of roofs before the application of an RBC or other liquid applied system. It is used extensively to cover cracks, holes and joints in metal roofs before the application of RBC Aluminium protective coating.
Additionally, it can be used for sealing and glazing roof lights and protecting strip glazing. It will protect metal, brick, concrete, fibre-cement board and exposed waterproofing membranes against weathering and corrosion.
What is Flashing Tape Used For?
Flashing Tape has many different uses when it comes to waterproofing and repairing roofs, gutters and other parts of buildings where water is able to penetrate. Here is a list of examples:
- Repairs damaged or the entire area of valley gutters.
- Repairs the corroded areas in steel roofs.
- Waterproof sealing of overlap joints.
- Repairs cracks in fibre-cement sheet roofs and walls.
- Repairs the sealing of damaged or leaking overlapping areas in waterproofing roofing materials.
- Surface preparation before waterproofing applications.
- Treatment for the ends of roofin materials.
- Waterproof sealing for ventilators, parapets and cap pieces.
- Stops water intrusion of ribbed seam roofing and corrugated steel roofs.
- Joint sealing of greenhouses.
- Waterproof sealing of window frames.
- Protective layer fro insulation/lagging materials of pipes and tanks.
- Other repairs.
READ MORE: Flashing Tape Technical datasheet (pdf)
Product Category: Waterproofing and General Building Products Price: Dependent upon quantity and delivery location. Minimum order quantity one pallet. Contact us for a quotation.