EABASSOC Foam Generator
Making Foam for Lightweight Foamed Concrete
EAB Associates supply two models of foam generators which are used to make foam for making foamed concrete / cellular lightweight concrete (CLC). They are:
- EABASSOC Foam Generator
- EABASSOC Junior Foam Generator
(The Junior Foam Generator is a smaller version
of the regular foam generator).
EABASSOC Foamed Generator: Advantages
Advantages of both the Regular and the Junior Foam Generators
- They both produce good quality foam when using EABASSOC Foaming Agent (or similar)
- They require only a compressed air supply to work - no electrical supply is needed
- They are easily portable and can be carried by hand or transported in a car boot
- They are small, light and durable
- The expansion rate of the pre-foaming solution can be adjusted if required
- EAB Associates provide after sales support for all our customers
Advantages of the Regular EABASSOC Foam Generator over the Junior Foam Generator
- High throughput of foam, typically 400 - 460 ltr/minute (depending on the air compressor used)
- Automatic dilution of foaming agent and water (the amount of dilution can be adjusted by the user)
- Timer on/off switch for accurate and reliable batching of foam
- Excellent for jobs where large volumes of foamed concrete will be placed
Advantages of the EABASSOC Junior Foam Generator over the Regular Foam Generator
- Much Lower Price
- Even smaller and lighter
- Requires a smaller air compressor
- Excellent for laboratory work
- Ideal for small and medium sized jobs
- Throughput of foam, typically 150 - 200 ltr/minute (depending on the air compressor used)
Dry and Wet Methods of Creating Foam
Both of the EABASSOC Foam Generators use the 'dry' method of producing foam, this is where foam is created by forcing a mixture of foaming agent and water through a plastic mesh with compressed air. The foam created using the dry method is uniform and very stable. In contrast, the 'wet' method of creating foam, which is based on the Venturi effect, does not produce such good quality foam.
EABASSOC Foam Generator: How It Works
Water and EABASSOC Foaming Agent are fed separately into the EABASSOC Foam Generator which mixes them in the correct ratio (see diagram below). This mixture is called the pre-foaming solution.
Pre-foaming solution and compressed air are fed through a lance which creates a stiff white foam with a volume 20-25 times that of the pre-foamed solution. The foam is then mixed into the mortar slurry in a suitable cement mixer to make EABASSOC Lightweight Foamed Concrete. An automatic timer is built into the EABASSOC Foam Generator enabling easy production of identical consecutive batches.
EABASSOC Foam Generators are totally safe, having no electrical parts and are entirely air operated.
Schematic Diagram of the Foam Generator in use: