FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Should I use a Torching Membrane or a Self Adhesive Membrane?
Both types of sheet membranes are commonly used to waterproof roofs and decks. Self-adhesive membranes are also used for waterproofing floors and foundations, where the membrane is sandwiched between layers of concrete.
Reasons to use Self Adhesive Membranes
- They are applied without flame, therefore they are clean, easy and very safe to apply;
- They have a much greater elongation.
Reasons to use Torch-On Membranes
- As the underside of the sheet is melted by flame during application, it creates a seamless membrane, similar to liquid membranes;
- They are more robust and are thicker than Self Adhesive Membranes, and therefore are suitable for moderate foot traffic after application;
- All EABASSOC Torching Membranes can be left exposed on a roof as all the grades are UV resistant (with the possible exception of the sanded Standard SBS type).
Please note that any information or advice on this page is supplied in good faith and that while we make every effort to ensure that it is accurate, helpful and up to date, it is given without commitment or guarantee. We always recommend that trials are carried out prior to undertaking any work or contracts.
Please remember that orders have to be above our minimum size quantity.